Skip to main content

Car dashboard

 

Car dashboard

In between the first and the second cut scene, there will be a couple of shoots which will be the dashboard of the car. The dash dashboard will show the car spend and the rest below is an example of what the view will see the purpose is to show more detail and movement in the video for the end experience. And some station shots to mix up the footage.

After researching car chases sense in films they all ways how the inside of the cars or the dashboard, this is because it keeps the point of forces of what’s happing and changers it over standard outside shots, this keeps the action up to and the view more entailed in the what’s happing or what’s going to happen. A good example of this is a film called Baby Driver

 

From Baby driver, I notice that you can show the viewer a lot of information in a very short period which makes sense. In the opening scene, it shows what the action which the driver is going to do before it happens. Below I have taken screen shoots you show you.


 

 




 

Unexpected – point forward and tell the view which way he going to go


 

 

 

Looking – telling where he wants to go


 

 

 

Action – showing what going to happen


 

 

 

Movement – showing what he did


 

 

 

Gearchange – showing their control and their aggression


 

 

 

Accelerating – giving the viewer the thrill of the car chase





From this, I design and created it for my scene as it would be telling the view more information on what’s happing. Below is what I have done and what I took inspiration form my research.

 



Below was the photoshop image that I made which was meant to be in place in the dash but Unfortunately i could get the image to line up with the dash and at the end, I could find out how to fix it.



Ue4 textued dash barod



Baby Driver

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XMuUVw7TOM

 

not did work out at the end

My other point of the research was Bullet. This was set in 1968 and has all the same style ad baby driver but shows a different approach. It is a lot more predictable and slowed down as modern car chases, but the viewer still gets the same vibe of action it just tells it in a different approach. This is because the clip is longer, stretched out which make it slower overall and the viewer had much higher precipitation on what going to happen.

 



  


 

 

Bullet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJZ-BHBKyos


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maya Modelling

Maya modelling Throughout the project I have been using Maya to model all my assets. I have also use ideas created by artists as inspiration for this. https://www.artstation.com/artwork/v86vv https://www.artstation.com/artwork/OPQnk The process that I have taken has been to draw out sketches of the environment which I want to create. To achieve this, I did research to make sure at all of my ideas were in the same aesthetic. The reason that I did all this was to keep all my work as close to contexts as possible and to have the same theme as ‘steampunk’.

Lighting

Lighting  I have used lighting within my project to achieve an authentic and realistic setting from the perspective of the player. Looking at the references by artists, I have focused on recreating these ideas. I have done research on how to maximise lighting in UE4 without overcrowding the scene. I felt that this is the best route to follow. The first thing was the lighting points, in this case, they were the fixtures. After this, I placed some subtle lights down the walls and looked at the overall environment to see if I was gaining maximum realism. Making sure that my placement of these lights was as realistic as possible.  I spent time finding a tutorial online, which showed me some new pointers on how to use lighting in various different ways to what I originally intended. This was useful in maximising the realism of the environment scene. 

What will happen in the scene?

 What will happen in the scene? In the first sense, there will be a car driving down with road, the camera will be showing off the car and the surrounding environment. There will be a train and other props in the environment which will be highlighted. Below is the list of props which will be in the environment. ·          Road ·          Telephone lines ·          Car ·          Ue4 set up ·          Train lines   One of the key moments in the environment. The special movement will be the license plate spinning on the ground, this is just to add a bit of carter to the whole story and give the viewer more of an interest towards what is happing in the environment. This will happen when the car speeds off at the end of the road scene. The reason why I wanted t...