Skip to main content

Second scene

 Second scene

What will happen? In the second scene, there will be some more action. As you have seen the first cut scene with the car travelling fast down the road, I wanted to contain with the thrill of what the car will happen next. In this scene, you will see the car trying to make the crossing and race the train. The car will only just make it and drive off, but I want to make the experience that the viewer will nevus to watch.

 

Second cut scene -what is in the scene?

·         The crossing

·         train

 

 

The crossing

 





 

 

Above shows the train crossing that will be in the video.

This will be the main end feature in my project, that viewer will be able to see the barriers move down to block the road and will see the car is approaching the crossing. The car will break through the barriers and narrowly miss the train. The reason why I added this in as that viewer will think of what could happen. Once the car commits to go through the crossing the viewer will be on edge to see what going to happen. 

Below is the result of the train crossing 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First cut scene

Semester 3 overall First cut scene -what is in the scene? ·          Road ·          Telephone lines ·          Car ·          Train lines ·          Foliage… Grass, Bushes, Wheat, tress The special movement will be the license plate spinning on the ground   Second cut scene ·          Train ·          Train crossing The special movement will be the car getting nearly getting hit by the train   Throughout the end experience, I looked at how I can present the result this was for a couple of reasons. Firstly, how to present my work in the format that I wanted to show the viewer the action and how to keep the audience engage with during the video. I looked at how movies did this in car chases in film and I notice that you try and use the environment as much as possible. Following the terrain, seems to make it smooth and flowing through the environment and it shows off where is it set. Secondly using the body lines on the car and getting the movement of the curves. Using the camera and fol

Rigging

Rigging Alongside the animations, I have used rigging in Maya. Rather than just using the more simplistic animations, rigging allows me to create more realistic movements. For example, chains and belts. I have gained knowledge of how to use pully belts as a rig effectively, as well as creating smooth transitions for the pully belt moving around the wheels. I felt it best to prioritise this transition as it would effectively create a juddered game experience for the player if it was not smooth.  I found that while doing this process, I found it easy enough to grasp the main concept of it, however further on into the more complex issues, I found it more difficult to grasp.   It has been a slow learning experience as there are so many options for adjustments within the rigging process. 

Environments : The process of creating my scene.

Environments Through the process of researching and designing the environment, I first started by looking at a similar scenes which featured the steampunk style. Below are some examples of the work I looked at, https://www.artst a tion.com/artwork / XwRrn https://www.artstation.com/artwork/EVGWn8 The pictures above are some examples of artists work. I have used these to help me along as it gives me insight into the gaming industry and more specifically what they are currently creating at the moment, following on I will attempt to use some of these sources to influence and inspire my own work. I have found environments through my research, examples which can be seen in games such as ‘the order’ and ‘Guns of Icarus Alliance’. These games fit into a very similar genre and aesthetic as how I want to take my project. Taking note on how these levels and the environment are made and the layout of the room. I have been separating these environ